Video Auto-Play Fixed
A bug has been fixed regarding some uploaded .mov or .mp4 videos auto-playing when the page is displayed, even if the admin user did not enable the auto-play feature. An admin user will need to re-save each of these videos’ parameters so that its internal code receives the fix. See below.
When you are in a WYSIWYG block, and you click the Upload Media icon, and upload a video file to be displayed within your block, there is an “Advanced” tab during the uploading process. If you go to the Advanced tab, there is an “Auto play” checkbox that can be on(checked) or off(empty).
Previously, for Quicktime related video types like .mov, .mp4, etc., even if the Auto-Play feature was off, sometimes the video would begin playing immediately after the page is displayed. This bug has now been fixed. However, for any video which auto-plays when it shouldn’t, you will only need to view and re-save the video’s parameters so that the updated and fixed internal code gets re-generated for each such video. See below.
For each video which currently auto-plays, but shouldn’t, do the following:
- Edit the WYSIWYG block which contains this video.
- Click the media icon within the WYSIWYG block which represents this video (its placeholder).
- Click the “Select/Upload Embedded Media” icon (which looks like a piece of film).
- In the small pop-up window, click the “Advanced” tab.
- Ensure that the “Auto play” checkbox is off(empty).
- Click the [Update] button at the bottom of the small pop-up window. This will close the pop-up window.
- Click the [Save Changes] button to save your fix.
This should fix the undesirable auto-play of Quicktime-related videos. If it doesn’t, then clear your web browser cache (delete the browser’s Cache or “Temporary Internet Files”) and then try the above steps again.
If you have any questions, please submit a help desk ticket at http://Help.Emerge2.com